Personal Trainer Level 3
Our Personal Trainer Level 3 course will enable you to work as a Certified Personal Trainer either within a gym, in a training studio or on a mobile trainer basis.
The Level 3 course is a great introduction to the world of the Personal Trainer. Within the course you will learn advanced Anatomy and Physiology, how to effectively assess your clients goals, limitations, current fitness and abilities. You will be able to write detailed exercise plans and offer nutritional advice tailored around clients specific needs.
You will also learn all of the advanced training and programming methods that the best trainers in the industry use to get results with their clients.
The objectives of our Level 3 Personal Trainer course are as follows;
- To provide you with the advanced knowledge of anatomy and physiology, functional kinesiology and concepts and components of fitness
- To provide you with the knowledge and skills to successfully gather and analyse client information using the most accepted techniques
- To provide you with the knowledge and skills to assess a client’s current health and fitness status
- To provide you with the knowledge and skills to be able to plan and conduct a physical activity session, within a variety of environments using multiple resources
- To provide you with the knowledge and skills to perform a client consultation using the most accepted methods and providing strategies for successful behaviour change
- To provide you with the knowledge and skills to be able to communicate effectively to build successful relationships with their clients and other health care professionals
- To provide you with the knowledge to be able to prepare for employment or to set up in business on a self-employed basis
- To provide you with the knowledge and skills to be able to manage, evaluate and improve own performance
- To provide you with the knowledge to be able to offer nutritional advice for physical activity based on clients’ needs
Your journey through the Level 3 Gym instructor course is made up of 7 sections that cover everything you need to know whilst working as a Personal Trainer. (units 1-3 are already covered in Level 2 Gym Instructor)
1. Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
2. Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
3. Principles of exercise, fitness and health
4. Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health
5. Applying the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme
6. Programming personal training with clients
7. Delivering personal training sessions
There are 4 formal assessments throughout the Personal Trainer Level 3 course as follows;
- Multiple choice exam paper #1 covers Advanced Anatomy and Physiology, it is a 40 question paper with a pass mark of 28
- Multiple choice exam paper #2 covers Applying the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme, it is a 40 question paper with a pass mark of 28
- An assessment pack comprising worksheets and professional discussions covers the other theoretical elements of the course and is completed alongside your course materials
- The final assessment is a practical assessment of your ability to conduct a safe and effective Personal Training session with a client
In order to take the Level 3 Personal Trainer course you must be currently qualified as a Gym Instructor at Level 2 or hold an equivalent qualification and be over 16 years of age.
In addition to the above we also offer the following tips for prospective learners:
- The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary
- There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and Learners should have basic skills in communication.
On completion of the Personal Trainer Level 3 course you will be eligible to move on to a Level 4 Advanced Fitness Professional qualification or to take part in further study courses such as Kettlebells, Circuit Training and Group Cycling. You can also move on to our Exercise To Music course should you wish to go down the group exercise route or branch out into Sports Massage through the Level 3 Sports Massage diploma available through Active IQ
We offer career planning as part of our courses to help you make the best choices when it comes to your development and education.